California’s AB 1825 is specific regarding the quantity and quality of the program that must be undertaken. EPS’ courses comply with each of these requirements including the mandate that each training session be delivered by a qualified instructor (attorney, professor/instructor, or HR professional or harassment prevention specialist) and must include the following statutory features:
- be interactive,
- challenge the trainee with questions that assess learning,
- provide skill-building activities that assess the supervisor’s application and understanding of content learned,
- include prevention of “abusive conduct” as defined by AB 2053,
- provide numerous hypothetical scenarios about harassment, and
- each hypothetical must have one or more discussion questions so that supervisors remain engaged in the training.